Secrets of people who never get sick:
1. They stress less. Researchers at Duke University discovered that pressure can hurt your immune system and heart, while other studies show it increases your chances of contracting bacterial infections. Experts suggest eating a diet rich in fruits and vegetables, exercising and laughing to release those natural endorphins.
2. They eat less. Lower calories can mean reduced cardiovascular disease, diabetes, Alzheimer’s and more. Start by limiting simple sugar and flour, then pack your diet with dark leafy greens and veggies.
3. They embrace bacteria. Scientists at the University of California, San Diego discovered the more bacteria you have on the surface of your skin, the better you combat inflammation! Bottom line? Don’t be afraid to get dirty –those good germs can improve metabolism, enhance immunity and reduce inflammation.
4. They opt for herbal remedies. Western doctors may poo-poo plant-based health supplements, but the truth is one-quarter of prescription drugs are derived from plants. Instead of shopping the vitamin aisle, go for real green tea or hitting up the produce section.
5. They make friends a priority. Want to power up your immune system, fight off infectious diseases, lower your risk of memory loss and protect yourself against heart attacks, depression and anxiety? Then strike up a conversation, fercryinoutloud! Positive social interactions can help save your life, so don’t whine and listen more than you speak.
6. They stay pH balanced. Some believe that the body is healthiest when our systems are right between acidic and alkaline. Most Americans are too acidic, so aim to eat alkalizing foods like cucumbers, carrots, dark leafy greens, asparagus, carrots and avocados.
7. They eat garlic. This bulbous wonder can mimic the effects of antioxidants and antibiotics, cut the duration of colds, reduce blood pressure as well as triglyceride and cholesterol levels.
8. They detox regularly. Phthalates, dioxins, PCBs and other common chemicals weren’t around 100 years ago, which is why cancer and liver disease could be on the rise. Digestive issues, fatigue, breakouts and muscle pain are signs a detox might do you good, just check with a doctor first. (Lee)
# # #